Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away to the next room. I am I and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, That, we still are.
Call me by my old familiar name. Speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effect. Without the trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same that it ever was. There is absolute unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you. For an interval. Somewhere. Very near. Just around the corner.
All is well.
~ Henry Scott Holland
A colleague of mine recently jailbroke his iPhone because he could and didn’t know how to put it to use. Cydia’s discovery mechanism isn’t that great so I made him a list of tweaks I had on my device ( using another app, AppInfo ). I am sharing the same here.
- ActiveDock : Mac like dock with active app indicators
- AndroidLock XT : Pattern Unlock on Lockscreen
- *appslide : Intuitive interface : Mix of Android,iOS and Windows back button flows. App 1 link opens App 2. After consuming content in App 2, returning to App 1 involves pressing Home Button. No more need for App switcher.
- *Auxo : Enhanced recent apps drawer and quick settings access.
- BytaFont : Change system fonts
- Default HD SBSettings : Neat theme for SBSettings
- Flowtation : UI animation for Notification Center
- *LockInfo 5 : Access email, twitter, feeds, calendar, weather and handle notifications from Lockscreen. The only reason I Jailbreak my device.
- SBRotator 5 : Use Springboard and all applications in landscape mode
- ScrollingBoard : Scrollable dock
- *Zephyr : Intuitive OS X like app switcher. Each app is treated as a full screen app and swiping from edge of screen takes you to the next app.
- 3G Unrestrictor 5 : Removes download limits on app on mobile networks
- Activator : Assign actions & gestures to functions
- AdBlocker : Blocks ads
- Browser Changer : Change default browser ( to Chrome for me )
- iFile : File system browser
- MapsOpener : Change default maps ( to Google Maps )
- PushTone : Custom sound notifications for all apps
- SBSettings : Settings drawer from Status bar
- UnlimTones : Download or create your own ringtones from iTunes library on device
- WinterBoard : Default Themer. Themes downloaded from Cydia will need to be made active here
- Xcon : Fakes jailbreak status to apps that detect jailbreak before running
Non-scientist-journalists drawing their own conclusions from scientific papers might be the biggest root of misinformation. These observational studies are never intended to prove causation.
How many ever versions of Aaj Jaane Ki Zidd Na Karo I listen to, I keep coming back to Habib Wali Mohammed’s rendition as part of some cleansing process.
There were times when discoverers & inventors belonging to the Western world were executed for those very discoveries and inventions that they made. It just so happened that, that knowledge and their memory was preserved by those around and recorded as history.
Now we are in times where one such pioneer’s inventions are the very same medium we received the news of his death on. Lucky to be in these times.
+108 RT @prabhuferrari: Rajni should buy a team based out of Arunachal Pradesh and name the team as Arunachalam. #IPilim