1. Grate carrots such that you get 3 cups of grated carrots.
2. In a big pan, heat some ghee and fry the grated carrot for about a minute.
3. Add 3 cups of milk and keep stirring at medium heat.
4. When the milk starts to boil, add 1.5 cups of sugar and continue stirring.
5. After 10 minutes of stirring, taste it once. You will find that there isn’t enough sugar. Add another half a cup of sugar and continue stirring.
6. After 10 more minutes of stirring, strain all the milk into a container and leave the residue aside.
7. Let the milk cool down and then place the container in the freezer.
The frozen stuff is now your Gajar ka Kulfi. Recipe serves two.
Since we believe in recycling, the residue needn’t be thrown away. Fry some cashews and raisins in ghee and mix it with the residue. Some people may like it as a sweet and call it Gajar ka Halwa. Recipe serves four.
Special Inputs : Chef Goud.